Don't Blink: What a happy day!        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Monday, September 29, 2008

What a happy day!

We decided to take the kids to Six Flags today. We still had those free tickets from the visit that ended short when the power went out across the park. Not to mention our days are pretty limited with the upcoming move. We arrived shortly after the park opened, which is a HUGE plus when you want decent parking! The park was not crowded allowing us to jump on and off rides rather quickly. Of course, we had to wait longer for some of the more popular rides, but that was nothing! EJ rode his first double loop coaster and LOVED it! In fact, he rode twice in a row. Here are pics from today:
Click to play SixFlags
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook
While at the park, my friend who was pregnant with her 7th baby, called to say she was on her way to the birthing center. I didn't know how much time the family and I would have at the park because I wanted to be at the baby's arrival. It worked out perfectly. Around 3 p.m., Jess' hubby called to say the baby was definitely coming! Here is where I say, "It's about time!" Poor Jessica was ready a week ago, but her contrations were so erractic and she stayed dilated the same for days! Anyway, I arrived about 40 minutes before Baby Jack made his arrival into the world! I feel so privileged to have witnessed (and photographed) my first birth (from the other end...LOL). It was truly amazing and Jessica did GREAT considering she received NO medicine! We were all hoping the baby would have made his arrival yesterday on Jay's birthday, but it seems that Baby Jack wanted his own special day! He is precious! WELCOME to the world, Jack Jack! My absolute favorite picture! Weight: 8 lbs. 7 oz. HEIGHT: 21" Amy, Jessica & Jack This is Jess' 5th boy!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Awww! He is adorable! I am so happy for her and her husband.. A little boy! He is so precious, makes me want to have another baby.... Tell her congratulations for us....Babies are such blessings from God......That is so wonderful that you got to be there when he was born......Brings a happy tear to my eye.......

Jeanne Lobsinger said...

Wow, you have been a very busy family. Wednesday is Mainstay Farms Homeschool day, could I talk you and the kids into meeting us there?

Joy said...

Hey, girl! Looks like you guys are packing in all sorts of fun things before you head out!! Hope Jay had a great day!

Stacy said...

Just stopping by to look at that adorable little baby gain....I am so happy for Jessica and her family.....Makes me want just ONE MORE!! hahaha!!

Awww! I know you two are going to really miss each other...