Don't Blink: Happy Birthday, JAY!        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, JAY!

Jay's birthday celebration really started yesterday when his office had a going away luncheon for him at the Olive Garden. The kids & I stopped at a grocery store on the way to pick up a cake and we chose the yummiest looking one there! Here is Evan with it: We sang, the staff sang, and we dug in! Today, we had a showing on the house, which coincided with our plans for the day. We spent the a.m. cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, straightening up and then we put our two furballs (Dewey & Deacon) in their cages and headed out. We had lunch at Cracker Barrel. All of us decided on breakfast for lunch. I LOVE eating breakfast out! This is our silly son! We told him that at least his boogers now taste sweet...LOL! Afterwards, we went bowling. We bowled two games and I actually managed to score over 100 on the first game...can't tell ya the last time that happened! The kids love playing. Evan almost finished a full game, but EJ & Alison didn't mind helping him out by bowling for him! OH, every time one of us would bowl, Evan would yell, "Fumble!" At least he knew that word applied to a sport! Evan giving me the thumbs up! I just love this picture showing Ali's bright blue eyes and freckles! The day ended by feeding the ducks and the crazy geese. As we headed home the kids began to fall asleep. Jay needed to run into Home Depot to grab a few things, so I drove around to ensure Ali & Evan stayed asleep! I know it wasn't the "best" birthday ever, but Jay enjoys being with his family. He usually tells me that birthday's are just another day. To me, they aren't! I think it's important to show the birthday person how special they are! I hope Jay knows how loved, needed, and wanted he is! There are many people who know what a GREAT guy Jay is. I hope he just realizes it! Happy 34th, hubby!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

How fun! You should have put 34 candles on Jay's cake at Olive Garden (but I bet there was some kind of safety issue with that many candles..) hehehe!!

Look like you guys had a great time.. You looked really pretty in that picture at Cracker Barrel.. Jay looked a bit to big for that one rocking chair...I had to click on the picture to see what was going on... Your kids are adorable.. Isn't it great to have a wonderful family... YOu guys seem to have family life all figured out.....Maybe the people who looked at your house will be interested in buying.. That would be a nice birthday present for Jay.. Tell Happy Birthday even if this is late...

Jeanne Lobsinger said...

Take it all in before you leave. Don't forget about the State Fair of Texas!!