Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Peter and the Wolf
Even though I am homeschooling EJ, I am still amazed at how much he has already learned in public school (it sure makes my job a lot easier). For example, for our music lesson today, I thought we would go over instruments and their families. EJ remembered three immediately (percussion, wind, string). I had to tell him the last family (brass), but he could even describe them to me! Okay, this may not sound "amazing" to you! It is to me though and this could be because I wasn't that interested in music class growing up. I know there are families, but I wouldn't have been able to tell you what they were. Anyway, a book I borrowed from the library suggested going over Peter and the Wolf because the story introduces an orchestra. Different instruments play the parts of the different characters: duck=an oboe, cat=a clarinet, Peter=stringed instruments, wolf=brass instruments. Believe it or not, youtube.com has been one of my resources for music class! Here is the short movie of Peter and the Wolf, which EJ enjoyed watching! He may not enjoy doing Math, but he sure enjoys music!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
EJ is such a smart boy.. I bet you and Jay are very proud of your little man....
Post a Comment