Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Simply amazing!
May 2006
(I copied this from an email I sent)
Tonight Tammy visited Jacki for three hours and she was floored by Jacki's improvements since she last saw her on Saturday. Here are just a few of the things she witnessed:
June 2008
When asked to hold up two fingers, Jacki held up two fingers. When asked to hold up one finger, she held up one finger.
Tim left to have dinner and before he left, he leaned in to give her a kiss and Jacki puckered her lips to kiss him back (and when he came back too).
Tammy told Jacki that Tim was coming back at 8 o'clock, so Tammy asked her to point to the number 8 on a clock. She did!
Tammy asked her to smile and she did twice!
Jacki was thrilled when Tim came back and she reached out for him.
She was even able to give Tammy "pounds" with her fist when Tammy asked.
Jacki was watching TV tonight.
Every time Jacki started to reach for her neck or pelvis, Tammy would say something like, "Tim told you no" or "The nurse said don't touch" and Jacki would stop.
Tammy asked her if she was hurting a little bit or bad and Jacki mouthed the word bad.
Thank you all, again, for your constant prayers. I KNOW they are helping Jacki through this and healing her daily.
By the way, I asked the nurse about why Jacki still has the trach in and it's because she has mucus in her throat that she doesn't know how to clear out. To help her, they have to suction the secretions out for her. It's up to the doctor how long the trach will be in and, at some point, they will put a cap on it so she can speak.
For the first time in 16 days, I can honestly say I feel happy. I know that this journey is far from over, but I am SO proud of my baby sister. The improvements she's made in just 3 days are a miracle. I still haven't breathed that sigh of relief, but every day is a step closer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am checking back everyday for updates on Jacki. I am so glad she is responding well.
Post a Comment