Don't Blink: EJ's Friend        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

EJ's Friend

Just the other day I was telling my sister, Cindy, about these cute 'lil buggers. I grabbed the camera so I can show her what I was talking about. She was freaking out and SO glad to be living in Pennslyvania where she wouldn't see these guys. They don't bother me, but I still won't pick 'em up! I used to when I was a little girl and lived in the country...those were the days! This guy ran in the house as I opened the front door yesterday. EJ carried him with him for at least 20 minutes before releasing him. Even Alison wanted to hold him, but EJ was afraid he'd get away. They are FAST!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Did you know if you pick them up by the tail, the tail falls off, and they keep running. The tail continues to spin in circles like a propeller when its off their body. I have been told they grow new tails back like its their hair. Grosses me out. We have them everywhere too. They are all over the outside of our house, and blend in with the stucco. Several have made it inside, only to leave without their tails. The kids think it's hilarious.

Stacy said...

I found one of these little guy's in Tori's closet when I was packing up her stuff.. I have to say that the little booger scared me to death at first because I didn't know what the heck it was running across the floor at 100 miles an hour... haha!! I wasn't brave like EJ, I caught ours in a jar and then popped something on top of it and then released him outside...

Cute picture of EJ and his new little friend...