Don't Blink: Funnies from Alison....        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Funnies from Alison....

Before heading to bed (yes, it's WAY past my designated bedtime), I thought I'd share some funnies from Alison. Both incidents happened today, so they are fresh on my mind. Are you ready? Ethel, you're gonna get a kick out of these! Story #1: For our Geography study today, I brought our globe downstairs to go over latitude and longitude lines. Again, another great refresher for me. Am I having more fun learning than my second grader? Anyway, Alison pointed to the globe and asked, "What's this?" I told her it was the country of China. A few minutes later, Evan comes over and is staring at the globe. Alison points to China again and says, "Evan this is China. I mean ba-jina." We've always taught her the correct word for a girl's private area, so she assumed it was the same name as the country. Needless to say, I corrected her quickly! Story #2: Our house seems to be the newest meeting place for the tweenager kids down the street. They are attracted to Evan's cuteness (can you blame them?) and Alison loves the attention from the girls. EJ stays away. He is not into girls...yet! Well, today I was outside trimming the bushes (you know the whole curb appeal thing when trying to sell a house) and along came three girls on their bikes. You have to imagine that the only bikes in our driveway included: a tricycle from Aunt Tammy, a Little Tykes bike from Aunt Tammy, a pedal tractor from Mammaw, and Ali's 4-wheel battery powered quad. The smallest girl, about 6 yrs., hopped on the quad thing and tried to ride around. The batteries were dying so she was hardly moving. The next thing I know, the girls are gone, but one of them left their bike in our driveway. I finished up cutting the bushes, sat down on the flower bed wall, and see, out of the corner of my eye, that same little girl pushing the tricycle down the sidewalk. I didn't even notice it was missing! She got back on the tricycle as she got closer to our house and then stopped at the end of the driveway. Mind you, I am watching this all go down when Alison walks to the end of the driveway where the girl is sitting on her tricycle and says, "You are too heavy. You need to get off my bike." The girl didn't say anything to her or get off the bike. I am not sure if she heard her or not, so Ali says, "You are too big. Get off my bike." I almost died! I tried NOT to laugh, BUT a smile did come across my face. That little girl got off Alison's tricycle and took off on her own bike with another girl who also saw my 3-year old give that girl the what-for! Gosh, I know we have our hands full! Amy's disclaimer: I know that Ali should have used her manners. She does know what they are, but sometimes I am proud of her when she stands up for herself...even if she is rude about it. Hmmm...I think she gets that from her mother? Nah...must be her father!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That is so funny! Ali is such a strong little girl....Good for her to stand up for herself.. I'm also glad that you are not getting stationed in China(hahahaha!!) Where are you from? hahahaha!!