Monday, October 13, 2008
Moving week is here!
I cannot believe the time has come! It seemed like this week would never arrive, yet here it is - MOVING WEEK! The packers arrive tomorrow so we are desperately organizing, cleaning, disconnecting, etc. before they arrive. There are SO many last minute things to take care of that I don't have much time to think about saying goodbye. Even though we dreaded coming here, the last four years have flown by! There are friends I am going to miss and the milder winters are nice, but we are SO ready to be near family again. Yes, it will still take at least 5 hours to get to see some of them. That is MUCH better than the minimum of a 17 hour drive though. I'll try not to be sad on Friday as we drive away from this house, but I am sure that is when the realization will set in. This is no longer our home. It's time to move forward and settle down (temporarily) in a new house where we will meet new people, make new friends, and continue this journey GOD has planned out for us. In the meantime, I do hope our friends here know how much we love them, will miss them, and look forward to the next time our paths will cross. I believe it is a small world and we will see each other again. Thank you for allowing us to be blessed with your friendship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will be sad when Friday rolls around here.... People just don't realize what they have until it's gone.. That is how I feel! You have been a great friend to me and I am going to be sad when you leave Texas.. I am happy that you will be closer to your family, but sad because you will be so far away from me.. : ( ....Now the bright side: I can't wait to go visit you in Maryland.. I have never been to the East Coast so it's going to be so much fun and exciting because I will get to share that moment with my dearest friend Amy..... I am going to look forward to visiting you....I wish you and your family happiness and a very easy transition.. You guys Rock!
I am glad we got to see you before you left. I am sorry I missed out on Friday night too. We will see each other again. Adios Amiga!
Post a Comment