Monday, October 06, 2008
EJ's Sleepover
It makes me sad that EJ hasn't seen his friends much since the start of the school year. Homeschooling hasn't made it easier, so I wanted to make sure he got to hang out with his most special friends before we moved. On Saturday, seven boys came over and five spent the night. We ordered pizza, made ice cream sundaes, played Badminton (quite the hit-no pun intended), painted pumpkins, took turns playing video games, watched a movie, and played games (Mouse Trap was the fav). Jay & I wrote each of the boys names down on a slip of paper and every ten minutes we'd choose two names to see who got to play the video game next. That worked out great! The night flew by and all the boys were asleep by midnight. The earliest risers were EJ & Micah, who said they were up at 6:06. I didn't hear them until 6:48. The rest of the gang got up by 7:15. It was so cute seeing them all lined up on the living room floor! Even Alison didn't want to miss a thing, so she slept on the couch.
For EJ's first sleepover, the boys set the bar high! They were all SO good with absolutely NO fighting. EJ has a fun group of friends here, who I know he is going to miss terribly. What I realized, as well, was that all his friends attend church. A few of them were picked up on Sunday morning so they could go to church with their families.
EJ & his friends.
Who knew Badminton would be such a hit?
Painting pumpkins was fun!
Getting ready to watch a movie
I took a bunch of pictures when the kids were just getting settled. They had SO much fun making LOTS of silly faces!
The Sunday morning gang!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You were a brave lady! I'm glad the boys were good for you and everyone had a great time...Your parties always turn out GREAT! You are a really good party planner.... You should start a business where you organize parties when you get to the East Coast.....
I look at Hunter and EJ and it's so crazy how big they have gotten.. Where are our little boys? Remember Playschool and how little they used to be....
Post a Comment