Don't Blink: Sleeping Beauty        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Monday, October 06, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

Alison & I had our first Girls Day Out in a long time. I took her to see the play Sleeping Beauty. This wasn't your typical Sleeping Beauty story. Overall, the turnout was the same, but with a modern spin. It was a bit over Ali's head, so I had to explain what some of the actors were saying. For example, the characters lived in Lolliwood where the King & Queen were celebrities (think Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie). All of Lolliwood was waiting to get their first glimpse of the baby. In this case, her name was Maven. The evil fairy spun records, so her wish upon Maven was for her to prick her finger on the needle of an old record player. Cute, cute story, but definitely for older kids. I liked it! We hung around afterwards to get autographs and pictures. Alison and Sleeping Beauty Ali and her Prince Charming Tutu gave Maven the gift of dance The Queen of Lolliwood

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Dang! Look what we missed out on... Looks like you two had a Wonderful time.. Ali looked so pretty in her dress... Lucky her to have such a Special Mommy!