Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Up all night
Last night, Jay & I experienced our first all-night vomitting session. Evan was up around 11:45 and when Jay checked on him, the kid was wearing his dinner. For pretty much the rest of the night, he was throwing up every 15-30 minutes. Evan & I slept on the couch all night while Jay joined us until 3 a.m. At that point, I made him go upstairs so he could at least get 3 hours of sleep. Evan would not drink anything, so the poor kid was bringing up bile. Finally at 5 a.m., he began drinking water and some Pedialyte. I was waiting for that to come back up and sure enough it did. It got everywhere, the couch (yes, my poor couch again), the pillow, the baby, me! Knock on wood, but that was the last time he threw up. He did wake up with diarrhea though. I could tell Evan was starving so I attempted a frozen waffle. He ate all but two bites. So far, so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor little baby! I feel for him, you and Jay.. The nights just aren't long enough for sickness and sleep... I hope your little man feels better today.. If you need anything just give me a jingle.... I should have taken Ali home with me today to play with the girls and that way you and Evan could take a nice long nap...
Oh, Amy. How awful! I hope he's able to keep things down today so we won't get dehydrated! I'll be praying for you guys!
Poor baby and poor mommy and daddy!Hope he doesn't share that with anyone else in the family.
Thank you guys! Evan is still running a fever, but no more vomitting. He'll be cuddling up to me again tonight though just to be sure he's okay.
Post a Comment