We enjoyed having friends join us for our 3rd annual pancake supper last night. It seemed like everyone had a great time, especially the kids. They were up and down the stairs, girls chasing boys, girls trying to kiss the boys, boys hiding from girls. What a new dynamic!
We pretty much had everything cooked and ready by the time our guests arrived. It was nice being able to sit and talk with them instead of hanging around the stove. In fact, the kids ran off to play as soon as they arrived, so the most of the adults took that time to eat. Everyone enjoyed our supper, which was: plain & blueberry pancakes with your choice of toppings, fruit (strawberries, pineapple, and cantaloupe), turkey sausage, orange & apple juice, mimosas, coffee, brownies, & a King Kake. I was happy to see the King Kake being eaten since the last few years it was barely touched.
After our guests left, Jay conquered the kitchen while I tackled the kids' bedroom. It was bad, but I've seen it worse. I gave the kids a quick bath and off to bed they went.
Next year we will be in a new place, surrounded by new faces. That's what made this year's pancake supper bittersweet. With any luck, one of our friends from here will continue on this tradition that we picked up from some of our good friend's a few years back.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun time!!
Post a Comment