Friday, February 29, 2008
An Amy update
Last month I went to my doctor because I couldn't get rid of a sinus infection. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic and steroid. Even though I was hesitant to take both medications, I was more sick of being and sounding stuffy. Within three days the infection was clearing up. Also, at the appointment, I mentioned to the doctor that I've been getting dizzy spells. He sent me for blood work to check my thyroid and for anemia. Yesterday was my re-check. All my blood work came back completely normal, but I am still getting dizzy. Now the doctor wants me to drink two glasses of Gatorade/day because of the electrolytes. Those electrolytes will help keep water in your body. Did you know that? Of course I have to keep up my regular water intake too. I think the doctor is wondering if I am somewhat dehydrated. In a month I have to call him and let him know how the Gatorade is working. If nothing has changed, he is going to refer me to a neurologist. Please pray that I don't have to go down that road. Even though I would want all the tests done to see what is wrong, I am just as nervous about what the results would show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment