Don't Blink: The Giant's Win the Super Bowl?        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Giant's Win the Super Bowl?

Who would have thought that these underdog's could pull it off? It's so nice to have a Wildcard team beat an undefeated team. Up until today, I thought the Patriots were a great team and they were going to end the year with a win tonight. That is until I read the paper this morning. What a bunch of cheaters! In the first regular season game, an employee of the Patriots was caught videotaping plays of the Jets, whom they were playing. Yeah, yeah, yeah alot of monetary penalties were handed out, but the damage was done. The Giants got to the Super Bowl fair and square and now they are the champions. Eli Manning did great, especially that play near the end of the game where he should have been sacked, but came out of it. Whew! That was the best play of the game! Okay, I am now realizing that I'm starting to sound like a fan of this team. Nope, just glad the underdog's came away with a win. I am still a true, loyal fan of my beloved Philadelphia Eagles. Maybe they'll be the underdog's next year! Anway, we stayed home to watch the game, but invited Holly & Connor over to join us. The kids played outside for a while and Holly & I chatted while finishing up our appetizers. Holly got right in there grating potatoes and onion for our potato pancakes while I worked on the pigs-in-the-blanket (not the Polish version...LOL). I already prepared and baked our BBQ nachos so we nibbled on that while we finished up some other things. I also made frozen pizza and chicken pot pie, which I prepared earlier in the day. For dessert, the kids enjoyed Rice Krispy treats. It was fun watching EJ, Alison, Evan & Connor dancing to Tom Petty during the half-time show. Those kids sure have moves! EJ was showing off his square dancing while Connor was busting out a Spiderman dance. Alison is always the best ballerina dancer and Evan shakes his baby body like no other. He's even started bobbing his head! My favorite Super Bowl commercial(s): I believe it was the Audi commericals with screaming animals and a screaming Richard Simmons. The car is about to hit them, but veers effortlessly out of the way. Also, the diet Pepsi commercial to the tune of "What is Love" with Chris Kattan making a cameo was pretty funny. I always enjoyed those SNL skits. I hope you had an exciting Super Bowl sunday. It's always nice to have another excuse to eat more junk food than you should!

1 comment:

Auntie E said...

Atleast you got watch the game, our cable went out at 7:15!
P.S. Meg just hooked me up, so I can leave messages all the timenow! Love you guys, as always Auntie E