It was INK! Not ballpoint pen ink, but Uniball pen ink. Alison took a pen into the living room, which she's NEVER done, and I can only guess what happened next. I panicked and, of course, called Jay. When we got the couch, we had the stain guard put on it and also bought a warranty. We knew we would need extra protection, especially with three small children. After much searching and frustration, I FINALLY found the paperwork, which happened to be in a place it wasn't supposed to be. I call the showroom and we are in luck! We did have the warranty. I am instructed to call the stain place to file a claim. Guess what? We were never told to do so when we purchased the warranty, but we were supposed to register it. Lucky for me, the lady processed my information and had me on hold so she could file the claim. Lo and behold, about two minutes later I find out that ink is NOT covered. Food and drink damage is though. I am told not to clean the spot myself or else it will void out the warranty, but I can call a local upholstery cleaner. My thoughts are now, "Ahhhh....my new couch! The couch with the chaise that I just had to have is ruined!" I am even more upset now so I remind Alison of her wrongdoing. She knows I am very upset with her. I call Jay again virtually in tears. He's busy and doesn't have time to worry about the couch at the moment. I remember that we used Kiwi carpets last year to clean the floor, so I try calling them. I learn that ink is pretty much impossible to totally remove, but they can lighten the stain. I am so not happy with that response. It turns out that one of my friend's had recommended a guy in her church who was in this business. I call him and he is at my house within the hour. This blessing removed the stain from my couch, the couch I've begged my husband for for years, the couch that replaced the hand me down furniture from my in-laws, the couch that WE paid for AND it only cost an additional $83.
Friday, February 22, 2008
My couch!
Today was one of those days where I literally wanted to hurt my daughter because I was SO livid with her. Before 9 a.m., I noticed what I thought might be cat hair on my 1-year old couch. You know the couch I've begged my husband for for years, the couch that replaced the hand me down furniture from my in-laws, the couch that WE paid for. Okay, you get the picture. As you can see, it wasn't cat hair afterall.
.JPG)
.JPG)
It was INK! Not ballpoint pen ink, but Uniball pen ink. Alison took a pen into the living room, which she's NEVER done, and I can only guess what happened next. I panicked and, of course, called Jay. When we got the couch, we had the stain guard put on it and also bought a warranty. We knew we would need extra protection, especially with three small children. After much searching and frustration, I FINALLY found the paperwork, which happened to be in a place it wasn't supposed to be. I call the showroom and we are in luck! We did have the warranty. I am instructed to call the stain place to file a claim. Guess what? We were never told to do so when we purchased the warranty, but we were supposed to register it. Lucky for me, the lady processed my information and had me on hold so she could file the claim. Lo and behold, about two minutes later I find out that ink is NOT covered. Food and drink damage is though. I am told not to clean the spot myself or else it will void out the warranty, but I can call a local upholstery cleaner. My thoughts are now, "Ahhhh....my new couch! The couch with the chaise that I just had to have is ruined!" I am even more upset now so I remind Alison of her wrongdoing. She knows I am very upset with her. I call Jay again virtually in tears. He's busy and doesn't have time to worry about the couch at the moment. I remember that we used Kiwi carpets last year to clean the floor, so I try calling them. I learn that ink is pretty much impossible to totally remove, but they can lighten the stain. I am so not happy with that response. It turns out that one of my friend's had recommended a guy in her church who was in this business. I call him and he is at my house within the hour. This blessing removed the stain from my couch, the couch I've begged my husband for for years, the couch that replaced the hand me down furniture from my in-laws, the couch that WE paid for AND it only cost an additional $83.
It was INK! Not ballpoint pen ink, but Uniball pen ink. Alison took a pen into the living room, which she's NEVER done, and I can only guess what happened next. I panicked and, of course, called Jay. When we got the couch, we had the stain guard put on it and also bought a warranty. We knew we would need extra protection, especially with three small children. After much searching and frustration, I FINALLY found the paperwork, which happened to be in a place it wasn't supposed to be. I call the showroom and we are in luck! We did have the warranty. I am instructed to call the stain place to file a claim. Guess what? We were never told to do so when we purchased the warranty, but we were supposed to register it. Lucky for me, the lady processed my information and had me on hold so she could file the claim. Lo and behold, about two minutes later I find out that ink is NOT covered. Food and drink damage is though. I am told not to clean the spot myself or else it will void out the warranty, but I can call a local upholstery cleaner. My thoughts are now, "Ahhhh....my new couch! The couch with the chaise that I just had to have is ruined!" I am even more upset now so I remind Alison of her wrongdoing. She knows I am very upset with her. I call Jay again virtually in tears. He's busy and doesn't have time to worry about the couch at the moment. I remember that we used Kiwi carpets last year to clean the floor, so I try calling them. I learn that ink is pretty much impossible to totally remove, but they can lighten the stain. I am so not happy with that response. It turns out that one of my friend's had recommended a guy in her church who was in this business. I call him and he is at my house within the hour. This blessing removed the stain from my couch, the couch I've begged my husband for for years, the couch that replaced the hand me down furniture from my in-laws, the couch that WE paid for AND it only cost an additional $83.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It might seem like a disaster, but years from now you will laugh and remember the time that Ali did art work on your lovely couch...Believe it or not, but it's actually a memory that will last forever...
Tori carved I LOVE YOU MOMMY on our old end table when she was little..I thought it was the end of the world, but 13 years later I would do anything to have that end table back..
Hang in there! Her creative side just came through....
I feel your pain! One of my children wrote on our white futon mattress with ink (scribbled is more like it), but at least it's not "fancy" furniture! Our latest frustration involves the children enlarging a hole in the trampoline safety net so that a small elephant could crawl through it. Sigh.
Post a Comment