Thursday, January 31, 2008
The holiday's are over
Last night, EJ & Alison helped me put away my beloved Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer figurines. I keep them up longer than the other decorations because there are so many and it's a chore putting them away (i.e. matching boxes, getting styrofoam all over). It's great to see EJ being proactive by matching numbers and placing the figure properly in its box. Alison was a great supervisor. I would read the description of what I was looking for and she would find it, hold it and ask, "What's next?" even before I had the box to the last figurine open! She was so cute because she heard her Daddy running the bath water and I could see she was tempted to run upstairs, but, instead, she stayed to finish the job. Even though Jay couldn't hear her over the running water, Ali would yell, "I'm almost done, Daddy. I'll be right there in a minute." I can tell that when the time comes for my figurines to be passed on, they will be in good hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment