Don't Blink: Allergies        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Allergies

At noon yesterday, the school nurse called to say EJ had been in to see her twice complaining his ear was hurting. I ended up calling the school back to let them know I made a doctor's appointment and I'd be picking him up early. Also, if he went back to the nurse I'd pick him up immediately. He was fine the rest of the day, but I decided to keep the appointment anyway. After an hour in the waiting room with three kids and a bunch of other sick children, I threatened EJ by saying, "You better have an ear infection!" It turns out that he didn't have an ear infection, but fluid in one ear. Under his eyes he has wrinkles that are a common sign of allergies. Also, the doctor looked at Ali's eyes and said she has pink eye along with allergies. Now she is taking Claritin and EJ is back on Claritin and Singulair. EJ goes back for a re-check in two weeks and, at that time, we will schedule an audio exam. He's been complaining he can't hear. I am wondering if that has something to do with the numerous ear infections he has had since he's been one. Just by looking at Evan's face, she could tell Evan also suffers from allergies. I think it's a combination of teething too. Here I am thinking that my children are contagious because of the sneezing and runny noses. It turns out that this state is killing their sinuses. We have all been extremely sick while living here compared to the other states we've been. Ahhh...another reason to get outta here as fast as we can!

No comments: