Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Cat update
Things are going well with Dewey and the newbie. We've allowed them to interact last night and most of today. The problem lies with Dewey. He's definitely a great illustration of the fight or flight technique...mostly the flight. The new cat is so friendly and walks right up to Dewey. Dewey just wants to take off, but he is becoming a lot more curious. One time (today) I did see Dewey raise a paw towards the cat, but upon hearing my voice he walked away. He knows when I am not happy with him. The new cat has made himself right at home by cuddling up to me on the couch tonight. He allows ALL the kids to pet him and even offers his tummy to be rubbed. Awww...the dog Jay's always wanted...LOL! I just have to say that no cat fight's by now is great to me!
Oh, the cat's name: Well, EJ is adamant about keeping the name Kyle. Jay suggested Deacon (Deke for short) yesterday, and, at first, EJ said, "Oh, I can call him DK." That was short-lived and he reverted back to the whole Kyle thing. I finally said, "Alright, the cat is going to be named Kyle Deacon (insert our last name). Have you ever known a cat with a full name? I actually like it as a full human name! Everyone except EJ has been calling him Deacon, so we'll see what sticks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment