After a stressful week of Evan getting five stitches and finding out that Alison has six cavities, it was nice to receive some good news in between all that. Our first born baby boy (who is now 9) got accepted into the local gifted program!! There were 100 applicants for 48 spots!
We are really thrilled because the program seems to be exactly what EJ was looking for and would excel in. In fact, after we read the acceptance letter and were discussing this huge achievement, EJ said to me, "Finally, a place where I can express myself!"
I must admit that I am a little nervous about EJ going to his third school in three school years. He doesn't seem fazed by it, even after me asking how he feels. This will also be a lot more work on both EJ's part and our part. He was told that even though he is going into fourth grade he will be doing classwork at the fifth grade level.
Overall, Jay & I feel this will be a great program for EJ.
We are SO proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment