Tuesday, May 11, 2010
How we spent our Mother's Day...
As always, our weekends are busy, busy, busy. Up until last weekend, we hadn't planted our garden and we knew we had to get it done. It just so happened that Sunday, Mother's Day, would be our best bet. Jay didn't want to interfere with any ideas I might've had for that day. Honestly, I didn't have anything I REALLY wanted to do. Hanging out with my family, without making it a FULL day of activities, was perfect.
In the morning, Jay got me one of favorite breakfasts ever...a Panera everything bagel. He also picked me up some beautiful wildflowers, which I am breathing in the scent as I type this. The morning sort of got away from us and, unfortunately, we didn't make it to church. It's the first Mother's Day I opted to not go. My Catholic guilt makes me feel sad, but I know that I spent the day with my family with little confrontation. Church would've been an issue. A whole other topic...
It was perfect weather to head out to the garden (about 65 degrees). We arrived at the garden around noon to start planting the seeds Jay started weeks ago. He had more tilling to do so the kids & I raked and planted while he continued to work the soil. The kids were much more interested this year about planting than last. EJ helped out for a good long time until he decided to hang out with the little ones in the van. We stayed until 4 o'clock with only one potty/drink break at the local McDonald's.
After heading home and cleaning up, going to Outback sounded delicious! Jay & I had worked right through lunch without eating and the kids mostly snacked while at the garden. Needless to say, we were famished! Everyone ordered red meat, even Alison & Evan wanted steak! It was SO good! There is always room for dessert, so we went for ice cream. The local favorite ice cream establishment carries all the best (and unique) flavors. Alison settled on Purple Dinosaur, Evan got Cotton Candy Explosion, and EJ wanted Black Raspberry. Jay & I shared a Hot Fudge Sundae. To finish my fantastic Mother's Day, I relaxed in a bubble bath after the kids went to bed with the newest Sookie Stackhouse book! Thanks to my neighbor, Nicole, who purchased it, read it, and delivered it to my door on Mother's Day!
These pics are reverse of the day's events.
Waiting for our table at Outback
The only girl GOD gave to me
My surprise baby boy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment