The day started with the kids realizing their house had been invaded by a leprechaun(s)! Who knows how many had fun swimming in the sink and toilet. Alison made a quick trap the night before, which turned out to be nothing for these little guys! Both Alison & Evan really got a kick out of seeing what mischief was caused. It's so cute to watch the excitement and innocence on their faces. I wish it could remain there all the days of their lives. Hopefully, they will carry on these small traditions with children of their own so they can see the same joy I get to see.
Breakfast had to be green, of course! That was easy. Green milk and green icing on top of yummy cinnamon buns.
I've realized that St. Patrick's Day really is one of my favorite days of the year. Even if you aren't Irish, which I am not, you pretend like you are and no one cares if you aren't! We knew we were going to Hooters (our St. Patty's day tradition) for a late lunch or a late dinner, but what could we do before? I found this great event online the night before, so we headed downtown after church. The kids activities were great! They made their own mask, got their faces painted and Ali enjoyed getting her nails painted green. There was also an amazing Irish violinist that really got you in the spirit. There weren't many other things to do besides eat & drink, but that's what going to Hooters was all about. Next year, Jay & I may have to get a sitter so we could enjoy the adult fun in the evening.
Hooters. Ahhh...Hooters. Why you ask? In a nutshell, when Jay played Rugby in Oklahoma, the boys would go to Hooters after every home game. At first, I hated this being an insecure girl who just left all her friends and family in Pennsylvania to move in with the boy she'd dated long distance for four years. Anway, it only took a few visits to realize that these girls were only doing their jobs. I met young mother's and girls just happy to have a job. Plus, the turnover rate was high, not surprisingly. Well, I wanted to go some place that had green beer on a St. Patrick's day long, long ago (12 years or so). My Mom and sister were in town for our wedding. I took them there and it's been the tradition ever since. Without my Mom knowing, she was a part of it. Pretty cool. The only time we haven't gone is when this day landed on a Friday during Lent. It's not fun going when you can't eat the wings.



No comments:
Post a Comment