We weren't really sure how we were going to spend our anniversary. This year it just felt right to spend it with the kids. They were on Spring Break and Jay took a few days off himself to hang out with his family. We love him for that! I was in the shower and thought, "Let's go hiking!" We had yet to do so. I wasn't sure how the kids would react because they don't seem to agree with anything I want to do, but they immediately were excited. Evan ran to get the camelback he got for Christmas and EJ helped the little ones fill all of them and pick out snacks. Before I knew it, we were ready to go on our first hike!
| Evan, EJ, & Alison at Diamond Head 3.19.2013 |
| It's important to stretch before one hikes |
| Are you ready for the climb? |
| Catching a lift |
Yes, it's crowded and a touristy thing to do and has 200+ stairs near the end, but this hike is totally worth the view!
There was very little whine and much excitement on our first family hike.
| Honolulu |
The panoramic view is just breathtaking! The ocean is serene and the city seems calm. It's a perfect snapshot of Hawaii.
| What sign? |
| I believe Alison was making sure the shave ice truck didn't leave the parking lot yet. |
| He can be a sweet big brother! |
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." ~ Psalm 107:1
![]() |
| A synopsis of our amazing hike |

No comments:
Post a Comment