The goal was to hike to Waihe'e Falls, and we thought we did, but apparently it was a hike to the Hamama Falls. The former is downstream from the latter. It was WAY too wet & slippery to take three kids down there. There wasn't exactly a gravel path to that one!
I've read other blogs that said this hike is family friendly, a stroll not a hike and easy. Okay, I know I'm new to this hiking thing, but it was NOT a stroll. A stroll is walking leisurely without much effort. Ummm...we put effort into this steep hike. Yes, it was on a gravel road and not through the woods, but the inclines were tough in spots. Also, we were under the impression we were hiking to Waihe'e Falls and it'd be about 1.3 miles each way. When I mapped it coming down, it was 1.75 miles. No wonder it felt like forever to get to the falls.
The kids would have loved to play in the water some more, but it was already raining and the falls were chilly. It was really nice to have a change of scenery and visit such a pretty place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment