Don't Blink: Slacking and Shopping        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Friday, November 23, 2007

Slacking and Shopping

Whew! Sorry it's been almost a week since my last post. My intentions are to keep up with this a few times a week, but sometimes I feel like I don't have much to say. Today, Black Friday, I was out of the house by 7 am and got home at 1:45 p.m. My first stop was Toys R Us. Let me just say that once you conquer that store, all other stores are a breeze! I stood in line for an hour and then when I reached the register a few of my items didn't ring up on sale. As Jay says, it's the old bait and switch method. I thought all Legos were 50%. Nope, not the ones I had chosen. I didn't purchase those. I'll wait for another sale. From Toys R Us, I went to the outlet mall to shop at KB Toys, the Disney store, Gap, Carter's and Radio Shack. I got the best deals at the Disney store. Alison will be getting a Disney Princess talking vanity, which Jay isn't happy about. His argument is the fact that it's one more thing to move. That doesn't stop me though! Alison will absolutely love this and maybe it'll deter her from playing with my stuff! It was $59.99, but everything in the store was an additional 20% off before 10a.m. That's her big gift from us. I was disappointed in KB's selection of Buy 2 Get 1 Free Fisher Price toys. Then again, I was shopping for something specific for Evan. I was able to get all our pj's for our new Christmas Eve tradition. If my mother-in-law comes this year, I'll have to get her a new pair of jammies too...she'll love that! LOL! I left the outlet mall to go to a regular mall. I wanted one more item from Radio Shack and to look for a few things for EJ. As I left Radio Shack, I decided to drive around the mall to go to JCPenney. I just didn't want to walk through the mall only to walk back to where I parked...yeah, yeah, yeah I'm lazy! Actually I was exhausted by then and just wanted to finish up for the day. Anway, it took me an extra 20 minutes just to get to the other side of the mall and find a parking spot. Once inside, I picked up a robe, telescope (only $18.88) and new jeans for EJ. The kids is growing too fast! I managed to still get their door busters since I was in line before 1 p.m. GO ME! On my way back to the homestead, I stopped off at my favorite fast food place for lunch. Do I really have to tell which one that is? Since Jay was nice enough to let me shop all morning, I figured it'd be nice for me to bring lunch home. Even the baby enjoyed some chicken & fries today.

No comments: