Don't Blink: Evan's 1st birthday party        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Monday, November 05, 2007

Evan's 1st birthday party

Even though Evan doesn't officially turn one until next week, we had a joint birthday party with a friend's baby on Saturday. Our babies were due at the same time, but Jessica's baby came at the end of October. Since this family are the closest friend's we have here, we decided it would be a lot of fun to have their birthday's together.












Daddy, Evan & Mommy





















Ahh, the cake story. Last minute, I had to pick up a cake. At the second grocery store we went to, I ended up choosing a chocolate cake (I originally wanted yellow) with white icing. The yellow cakes all had dark icing. That would not have been pretty! Anyway, as soon as I brought the cake into the house, I dropped it!!! So much for worrying about the icing!


Digging in! Oh my, this child loved, loved, loved his first taste of chocolate. Okay, maybe not his first, but his no-holds bar eat as much as you want first taste!




















Evan definitely needed a bath after destroying that cake. Here he is in the hooded towel Jessica made as part of his bday gift. It's been a tradition of hers since EJ turned one. Evan was using EJ's hooded towel, but now I am sad to announce that EJ's hooded towel has been retired.




Opening
presents,
with
sister's
help.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Some cute photos of Evan - it looks like he had a lot of fun!

Tripletblessed said...

Such s doll! Love the cake story sounds like something I would do.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beverly said...

He is SO CUTE!! I can't believe we'll be celebrating a 1st birthday in just a few months. Time flies, doesn't it!