There is always a plethora of activities to go to and sometimes it's actually hard to narrow down what we should do. On St. Patrick's day though, there is one thing we ALWAYS do and have for the last 10+ years (maybe longer). That would be going to Hooters for green beer and wings. We missed the parade due to church, but we did find a great kids event downtown. The little ones enjoyed tattoos, decorating a mask and Alison got her nails painted. Mom & Dad enjoyed a brewski (or two) while waiting. Although I did post some of the same pics in an earlier post, below you'll find my Facebook album with more from the day.
Easter snuck up on me. It seems it does every year. In fact, it wasn't until just a few days before where all the guests were confirmed because I had just remembered to ask them if they were coming over! Jay & I have hosted Easter over the years and always invited our friends. Not alot of people travel far on this holiday, so why not enjoy the day with extended family?
As much as I enjoy hosting events, I struggled with whether or not I wanted to this year. I'm glad I did because we had great food and great conversation with some great people. We've always been blessed with the gift of some really special friendships through the years. My only disappointment was not having a Honeybaked ham. I splurge on one of those every Easter, but there aren't any of those here. The ham I did buy was quite tasty anyway. The salmon, risotto, cabbage & noodles, honey glazed carrots, crescent rolls, deviled eggs, baked brie with apricot filling, greek layer hummus, beer bread with bacon dip, and sangria were pretty yummy too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad your still sharing Easter with friends every year. We sure enjoyed the Easters we spent with you guys!
Post a Comment