Okay, so I actually have a love/hate relationship with many things but the one I struggle the most with is the gym. Maybe it's exercise in general. Or both?
Let me start by saying I know many a ladies who enjoy exercising and pretty much consider working out like the need to breathe. That is SO not me! I can talk myself out of exercising with any and every excuse. For example, two of my sisters are coming to visit in less than a week so that means the house needs to be clean. Easter baskets and decorations are still cluttering up my house. The windows can use a quick wipe down so the view is unobstructed. Sheets must be changed. The bathrooms are WAY overdue for a thorough cleaning. Well, we all know how I feel about cleaning bathrooms. That is my absolute least favorite chore. Also, we cleaned out a flower bed last weekend and I'm itching to fill it with beautiful, local flowers.
Although I know the gym is my best option for getting in a good workout, so are friends. The motivation for getting to this gym is the cost of the membership. No one wants to waste money. Usually I love the classes because I'm pushed further than if I were working out on my own. Here though, the classes are jam packed and you need to arrive at least 20-30 minutes early to get a bike for Spin or a bench for Pump. That competition just doesn't work for me. There have been a few instances where I got to a class only to find it's already full. To me, that is absolutely ridiculous. I'm glad people are motivated, but, come on! Either the gym needs to add more classes or another gym needs to be established.
In Maryland, I had some great workout buddies that held me accountable. I fail miserably at doing that myself. Lucky for me, one of those friends is moving here this summer!! Not only will she convince me to break a sweat but now I'll have someone to go hiking with during the day!
Anyway, here I sit and there's a Pump class in an hour. To go or not to go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment