We were told to expect lots of company when we found out we were moving here. To be honest, I thought, "Yeah, right. It's such a long flight. When we were within a day's driving distance of family, we didn't get alot of company." Let me be the first to say, I was wrong! It's almost six months since we left Maryland and today visitor #2 arrives and on Wednesday visitors #3 & 4 will be here! What is most exciting is that three of them are my sisters and one is my niece! No offense, sisters, if you are reading this, but I honestly thought I couldn't convince you to travel all this way to see us. Again, I was wrong! Sometimes it feels so good to be wrong.
Although I have my hubby & kiddos to share this paradise with everyday, I am THRILLED to be able to do the same with my sisters. They are so special to me. I know that they would NEVER be able to come to this amazing, gorgeous, breathtaking place if it wasn't for our move. The move we fought against. GOD works in mysterious ways and today I must thank HIM for bringing such joy and happiness to my sisters lives. The next ten days are going to go too quickly, but with HIS awesomeness, I have a feeling my sisters will be back. And maybe, just maybe, they'll bring along my oldest sister who desperately needs a vacation!
On a side note: To Mommy & Grandpa, who are our guardian angels up in Heaven, we know your dream was to come here. Although you couldn't get here your whole lives, I hope you are with us as we keep you both in our minds as we enjoy this paradise. You may be gone, but you are not forgotten. We'll raise our mai tai glasses high as we toast your memory! Love you both so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment