Don't Blink: Ticks, anyone?        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ticks, anyone?

EJ examing the kids for ticks, which I didn't realize were SO small! Earlier last week, I noticed a small bump on Evan's inner thigh. I tried to pick at it, but thought it was just a scab. I decided to leave it alone to fall off on its own. Well, it wasn't a scab. It was a TICK! Two days later, after changing Evan's diaper, Jay walked over to me and said, "Look what I just found on Evan." I knew immediately what it was! Right away, the Mommy guilt hit me like a tidal wave! Why didn't I examine that new "scab" more closely? What if Jay didn't notice either? What if my baby has Lyme Disease because of my lack of knowledge about these little, bity, blood sucking, nasty bugs? For days we kept a watch on the area, and, to our relief there is NO bulls-eye! Thank goodness for that! I am now quite frantic about examing the kids bodies more carefully. It really is scary that something so small could possibly to do major damage!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Who the heck are these kids anyway?!? I don't even recognize them!! Amy, are they really supposed to grow this fast? E.J. looks so grown up on his glasses. Tell him we went to the zoo and missed him so much! Of course Molly can't resist talking about Ali's cute little spike and Evan's deep baby voice. We miss you guys so much! Love to all!
~Jess