| |||
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Sunday, May 03, 2009
EJ's First Holy Communion
Yesterday was a very special day for EJ. He received his First Holy Communion. As he told me the night before, "I'm excited. This is the day I've been waiting for. Now I will want to go to church on Sunday." It is amazing to witness how Jesus works in people, but, most amazingly, in children. I pray that EJ will carry that excitement he felt in his heart with him as his relationship grows with our LORD. On a selfish note, I still have hopes of one of the boys becoming a Priest!
After the ceremony, we had a small gathering at our house. There were lots of kids running in and out, up and down, through and around. As the kids played and the parents waited for dinner, everyone snacked on three dips (garlic roasted salsa, beer and cheese, and herb) served with tortilla chips, crackers and pretzel sticks and I also had shrimp cocktail out. For dinner, we enjoyed beef kielbasa kabobs, stuffed shells, pasta salad, and green beans. I remember thinking I was forgetting something. It looked like there was plenty of food though so we ate, cleaned up, went to the park, and came back to enjoy the 1/2 sheet cake. It was only later when the supermarket called did Jay & I realize that we totally forgot to pick up the 3-foot hoagie and fruit tray we ordered! You see, in the final decision to have the party at the house, I was adamant about ordering a few items so I wouldn't be so overwhelmed. I am not used to ordering food, so I think that is why that food was forgotten! Anyway, I picked both items up around 9 p.m. and only laughed when I saw how huge both items were!! This is typical of me, Jay tells me I have plenty of food and I only agree AFTER the fact! Needless to say, we had some of the hoagie last night and then again today for lunch. I plan on bringing the rest to a Pampered Chef party I am going to tomorrow!
Besides seeing EJ take part in the Holy Eucharist, there were two other highlights this weekend. The first included my sister, Nikki, and her family arriving Friday night. They got to the house around dinnertime, which was much earlier than we expected! The kids were SO excited to see their cousin, Hannah, and vice versa! We had a short, yet wonderful visit. The other special moment was having John's family drive up from Virginia. John is EJ's Godfather. Currently, he is deployed. His wife and four beautiful children arrived an hour before the ceremony and left early the next morning because they had to be home by 10:30 a.m. We know if John were here, he would have enjoyed seeing his Godson on this very special day. I have to say thank you SO much to Mary. Seeing them was so nice and we hope to visit them next month for their first born's First Holy Communion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment