
For Mother's Day 2009, we did LOTS! Usually, on days like this, we try to visit a place we haven't seen yet. This year, I wanted to travel a little ways from home since Jay would be with us. In the summer, I can take the kids on day trips within a 30-minute drive, but not to do things like visiting a city! Even I have my limits!!! Here was my fantastic Mother's Day...
The day started by going to church together, but we went to a different church that morning since their mass was thirty minutes later than our earliest. We just couldn't get out of the house that morning! Afterwards, we were able to spend a few minutes at home before heading for a buffet brunch. This buffet turned out to be less than desirable, so Jay & I decided we would NOT be going back anytime soon. Once we finished there, we drove to Annapolis. The city was the happening place to be...oh my goodness! We found a great parking spot, but missed the trolley tour we planned on taking. That worked for our benefit though because later that day we rode a harbor boat. The kids really enjoyed their first (and definitely not their last) experience on the water.

We spent all afternoon in Annapolis and finally left around 7 p.m. Alison fell asleep within 10 minutes since she is in nap rebellion and didn't sleep on the trip there. By the time we got close to home, we were pretty hungry so we ate a late dinner at Applebee's. We were all exhausted after a fun-filled Mother's Day!

It was neat to see the Naval Academy. I was surprised at how close it is to the town. The grounds are amazing, but the buildings are much more spread out than at the The Citadel. Of course, I am kinda partial to Charleston anyway!

MY FAMILY




INSIDE THE CHAPEL



THESE WOODEN DECORATIONS ARE COOL. THEY BALANCE ON ANYTHING...EJ CHOSE A BUTTERFLY TO PUT ON HIS ALOE VERA PLANT.
WE ENJOYED ICE CREAM HERE. I THOUGHT IT WAS NEAT HOW THE NAME OF THE PLACE IS A COMBO OF EJ'S FIRST AND LAST NAME.
OUR LITTLE DIVA!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! THIS IS THE FAMILY GOD BLESSED ME WITH...I LOVE THEM!
THE KIDS GETTING READY TO RIDE THE HARBOR BOAT (THAT IS IT BEHIND THEM).
THE HORN WAS LOUD AND WE WERE RIGHT BENEATH IT!
MY PRINCE CHARMING LOOKING HOT!
MY BOYS WITH THAT WIND BLOWN LOOK! AREN'T THEY HANDSOME?
2 comments:
Glad you enjoyed Mother's Day! I love Annapolis and now I'm craving some Kilwin's toasted coconut ice cream! : ) Lisa
i am glad you had a good mothers day now you guys will have to do something great for fathers day ps i love your family too
Post a Comment