Don't Blink: What hasn't been going on around here?        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What hasn't been going on around here?

Last week the weather was absolutely gorgeous! The kids, myself, friends, and even Jay got to enjoy the warmth by heading to the beach. We are truly blessed to be in this area. We love how close we are to family, being on the water, and the proximity of a few major cities.
Jay's office had a picnic on Thursday, so a few families joined the hubby's. I thought Jay had an afternoon meeting, but to my suprise, his boss told him he didn't have to come back in after the BBQ. While we were hanging out, I almost dropped my cell phone (I was on the phone with my sister and probably blew her eardrums out) as the BLUE ANGELS flew directly overhead! I love, love, love those big blue birds! Of course, I decided to leave my camera at home that day! We were able to enjoy just basic formations of two jets and then four jets flew by a little later on. That TOTALLY made my day!!! I was super excited because we weren't hanging around for the Air Expo that was taking place over the weekend. After lunch, the kids & I went down to the beach with my friends, Amanda & Emmy, for just a little bit. The guys started a game of softball while we were down there, so we decided to talk the kids into watching Daddy play. After the guys were done playing, Alison couldn't wait for not only her Daddy to join her in the freezing water, but Emmy's husband, Robert. Robert is so good with the kiddos and seems to enjoy the beach as much as the little ones! In fact, he drew pictures in the sand, made a sand castle, and swam with Alison that afternoon!! We surprised EJ that day by bringing him to the beach after school. On Friday, we headed to North Carolina to celebrate my sister turning 30. She was having a 1970s themed party, which turned out to be super groovy!! There was SO much food, games for the adults & kids, and a pinata! Jay picking out his fro...
Can you see the purple pick in the guys' hair? We were laughing SO hard at this hair!

Evan is one cool boy!

The host and hostess with the mostess

Amy & Jay in the '70s

Two fabulous sista's!

Alison is jammin'!

Alison was exhausted after the party and fell asleep with her shades on!

No comments: