Don't Blink: The garden is growing        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Thursday, May 28, 2009

The garden is growing

Man, our garden has lots of weeds!!! Who would've guessed it?!? I'm just kidding, but I don't remember there being as many weeds in the garden we had in Ohio. Jay assured me that is because he piled leaves on that garden and tilled them in, which kept down the weeds. Whatever the reason, we are trying to keep the weeds down by hoeing and raking. At first it was difficult to tell the seedlings apart from the weeds. In fact, I am sure we mistook some of the veggies for weeds this year. We are taking note as to what we need to better for next year's garden. Here are some ideas: (1) Separate the rows further apart, (2) Run a string above each row, so we know exactly where we planted, and (3) Start the seeds at home in little containers before planting in the garden. It is difficult to find the time to get over to our plot due to EJ's activities. There's also been a lot of rain in the area. Hopefully, we will get out there today or tomorrow for some more weeding...my favorite! I don't know, but my trigger finger is ready for some weed-be-gone action (if you know what I mean!).

1 comment:

Auntie Ethel said...

Amy. my papaw would be so proud of you just for growing your own little family garden i love you guys