Don't Blink: The dolphins were my fav....        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The dolphins were my fav....

We didn't plan on having a family fun day, but I sure am glad we did! Knowing Jay is going to be busy working on his thesis for the next few months, we decided to take the kids to the National Aquarium in Baltimore today. It was such a fun day, but a chilly, windy one too! I didn't know the aquarium had a dolphin show, but once I found out I did a little begging and the hubby agreed to going. He knows how much I love, love, love the shows and regret not pursuing my dream of becoming a dolphin trainer. EJ made sure he sat in the front row of the splash zone and he did get wet. He is such our crazy nut! Evan was completely mesmerized by the dolphins and Alison kept asking to leave!
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: National Aquarium
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook
Once we left the aquarium, we walked over to Barnes & Noble for hot chocolate and mochas. I did indulge by getting a piece of the Cheesecake Factory's white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. It was SO good! The kids picked out some books and played at the train table for awhile. It took some coercing, but EJ picked out a few chapter books. The kids likes to read, but typically he chooses fiction books. He is our science lover. The books he chose are classics: Treasure Island, Around the World in 80 Days and The War of the Worlds. Jay & I plan on reading these books with him for both EJ's benefit and ours. Even before leaving this morning, I took the opportunity to look up the address for Charm City Cakes. Everyone knows Ace of Cakes on the Food Network, right? Well, that's Duff's place in Baltimore. The store was about 8 minutes from the aquarium, so we took a quick ride over to see the building. Just one of those touristy things to do! I really liked the Inner Harbor and plan on enjoying it more when the weather warms up. It was just too cold to walk around down there today. We'll save that for another time!

4 comments:

Auntie Ethel said...

I am so glad everyone had a great family day. i did not know amy wanted to train dolphins well someday i will tell you what i wanted to do. megan loved to read as a child and i think our whole family still reads thats great love you guys cant wait till spring

Wizard said...

I had some great times when I visited Baltimore’s Inner Harbor too. Just down the street from the aquarium is The Wharf Rat, 206 W. Pratt Street. Best Beef Wellington ever and excellent ales on tap! Your family should consider returning to Inner Harbor and visiting the Maryland Science Center. There is an IMAX theater, a special kids Touch Me room for ages 1-8 and so much more. Google both of them -Check it out.
When it warms up, take the water taxi to different places on Inner Harbor. It’s cheaper than parking the car and the kids don’t have to walk very far either.

Stacy said...

I love the pictures...... Looks like you guys are finding all kinds of neat places to explore....

Joy said...

Yes do make sure you visit the inner harbor more - we loved it in that area!!