Don't Blink: Last day of 1st grade        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Last day of 1st grade

EJ and his teacher
EJ is officially a second grader! I tried not to get too emotional on Thursday. I was fine until I sorted through EJ's backpack. The teacher sent home a note about how nine months ago we entrusted her to teach our child, together they've grown, and now it's time she lets him go to be given back to us. Oh my! That was enough for me. I called Jay and wanted to read him the letter, but I couldn't get out the six first words. He said, "Honey, I'll read it later." It seems the realization that our move is on the horizon and it's time to say goodbye is getting to me. Not only am I sad for me, but for the kids. The friends EJ's made over the last few years aren't the friends he will graduate with. That is quite different than I how I grew up. What's funny is that EJ is, once again, okay with moving on with his life. I guess I can learn a lot from my second grader, huh?

After the half day of school, EJ was invited over to Logan's swim party. Logan and EJ were in the same kindergarten class & first grade class.


EJ & Logan are next to each other in this photo


1 comment:

Stacy said...

What a bunch of cute little guys..EJ always seems to be so happy..