Don't Blink: Hand paintings        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hand paintings

After a stressful drive back towards home from the bigger city, I decided it was best for the kids & I to stop and get dinner. If we didn't we'd be sitting in MORE traffic and I really wasn't in the mood. Hey, if it took you 20 minutes to get off the ramp onto the interstate, you'd be upset too! It took me an hour and a half to get to where it should have taken 30 minutes. Okay, I'm done ranting!

We ate at Chick-Fil-A and there was a lady at the restaurant painting kids hands. While I was ordering, EJ went right over to get something painted on his hands. Ali watched and immediately sat down when EJ was done. Of course, Evan noticed the pretty paint on his siblings hands, so the whole time we were eating I kept getting his hand in my face. He was reminding me he wanted some paint too. He was apprehensive at first, but quickly relaxed and enjoyed watching this lady (who is a clown too). Once he was done, Ali got her second painting. Evan marched right back over there and put his hand back up in this lady's face. She was just laughing at how he wasn't frightened of her at all!

Thank goodness, real tattoos aren't this painless. My kids would be covered in ink if they weren't!

Ali wanted two paintings: flowers and a butterfly. She was trying to go back for a third one too..I think she wanted a ghost?


EJ and the shark


Evan has a dinosaur eating from a tree and a frog on his hands

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Wow! That's awesome that they a clown there.. I love the art work.. And Evan and his pose cracks me up.. They are all such beautiful kids.. The art work looks great!