Don't Blink: Does this happen to you too?        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Does this happen to you too?

I am often emotional while in church, but today was a bit extreme! I cried (not sobbing) not once, not twice, but three times! Does the crying thing happen to you too? The first time was because the choir sang one of my favorite songs. You can listen/view to You are Mine HERE. This song is sung a lot at funeral's and it was played at my Mom's. Once I heard this song today, I felt my Mom with me. I said to her, "I feel you, Mom." Since her passing, I know she doesn't come to me in the same way (or as often) as she does my little sister, Jacki. I love when I can feel her with me. The second time I cried was after receiving communion. The Holy Spirit moves me every week, but especially during this time. Finally, I saw a woman holding her newborn baby girl as she was walking up to receive communion. The Deacon placed his hand on her little head and gave her a blessing. I was reminded of how precious life is, how sweet and innocent our children are, and how much God has given me...more tears! I need to remember tissues before I walk in the church doors! Let me also say that the other song that always gets me in church is entitled Here I am Lord. Click HERE to listen/view. A few year's ago, while sitting in church, I was struck with the thought that if Jesus walked through those doors and said, "Come with me," I would get up and go. I'd leave my family behind, but they are in good hands. It was one of those moments that I will NEVER forget!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Girl, I am with you. I sit up front just because I know I will need a tissue (that is where they keep them)...I cry every Sunday when I am touched by a song or when I see someone get accept Jesus into their lives, what a moving feeling.. Today we joined our new church home & the moment I stepped from my seat I started crying.. It was a good cry because that walk took me a little over a year to make! God Bless You Amy and all your wonderful loving tears...