Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Oh the things they say...
EJ & Alison have been quite creative lately about the things they tell us. You just never know what will come out of their mouths! Here are the most recent examples:
EJ
Last week I got home around 8:45 p.m. from working out. Jay told me that EJ was still awake and he had something to tell me. First of all, EJ is usually the first one asleep when the lights go out. Alison is our night owl and is in and out of bed until 9:30 p.m. or so. That day, she only napped about ten minutes. That explained why she wasn't awake when I got home. Anyway, since EJ was up and I was hungry, I invited him to have some popcorn with me. After eating that, he had some questions about a school project so we helped him out. I don't remember how it started, but then EJ wanted to learn cursive handwriting (which I didn't learn until third grade). Jay & I wrote out the "proper" alphabet to the best of our memory. There was the question of how to make the capital "Q" because the one I wrote didn't look correct. We looked it up on the computer and I patted myself on the back since I was right about that letter. Hey, that's a hard one to remember. EJ practiced a few letters, including his name, and did pretty well. Finally, it was time to get him off to bed. Jay picked EJ up to give him a big hug and started to tell EJ that he remembers when EJ's buns used to fit in the palm of his hand. We kind of reminisced for a moment about how big our first born is already. We said to EJ, "Do you know how much we love you?" Jay repeated the question and EJ says, "Um, I think about like 98%." Jay & I start laughing and then EJ says, "You need to work on the rest!"
__________________________________________________________________________
Alison
The other morning I was getting some strawberry milk for Evan so I asked Alison if she wanted some. She told me no, so I made Evan's milk and handed it to him. When I did so, Ali asked where was her milk. I explained that she told me no so I didn't make her any. She wasn't happy about that. She pouted her lips and started whining about wanting strawberry milk. I almost let her share with Evan, but realized that Evan's nose had been running for a few days. I didn't want her to get what he has. The next thing I know, Alison puts her head down to her chest and says, "I'm just a little girl. You don't love me." My jaw dropped! She is three years old telling me this! I clarified with her that she must NEVER say that. Later at nap time, I reiterated the fact that no matter how mad we are at her, she is ALWAYS loved. She just smiled. I think she's learned how to work us...LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
98% Loved!
~Girl you better get to working on that....
Poor Little Pitiful Ali, It's not always easy being the Princess when you hire your Mom to be your maid..
Cute stories!
Post a Comment