Friday, May 02, 2008
It's almost over...WHEW!
I am quite happy that tomorrow is the last soccer game of the season...our last here. Personally, I haven't enjoyed soccer this season. There are a few reason's for this: (1) The practices are twice/week and over 40 minutes away, (2) The Coach (who is female this time) didn't make a good impression on me, and (3) I just wasn't into it this time around. There were only two kids, EJ and Zack that lived 40 minutes away from the rest of the team. Because of that, having the practice's so far away seemed unfair to me. Luckily, Jay and Zack's Mom took turns going to the practices, but only once a week. That made it much easier on everyone. I think part of my dislike about the season is that I hoped Jay would coach. This is EJ's 7th soccer season, so we've been around quite a few coaches. We've seen what works and what doesn't. We know what the kids are capable of at this age and how much further they can be pushed. Jay would have done great teaching them. However, with Jay's schedule, he just didn't feel like he could do his best and give the kids his undivided attention...understandable. That doesn't mean I won't try talking him into again!!
.JPG)
Since the Coach had the trophies last weekend, she literally just handed them out after the game. This has NEVER happened before. Usually, we meet at a restaurant or someone's house and the Coach presents each child with their trophy. Again, I am not happy about how she handled things this season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is good that the scheduled play has slowed down for you to get ready for your move..(I know you have a ton of things to pack) I'm sure EJ has enjoyed the time that he has put in to his soccer & all trophies that he has collected over the time that he's played here in Texas... I'm sure you and Jay are super proud of your little guy...It won't be long and I am sure the soccer season will be beginning in the place that you will be moving..
Post a Comment