I have thought
SO many times about the men and women that have fallen for our country. I've read
LOTS of stories where I am crying my eyes out for the loss of a family I don't even know. Recently, this war has taken many, many young men and women. I know this happens with all wars, but this is a war that is much closer to my heart. This is a war where
I know men and women fighting for our freedom. Every time a friend or family member gets deployed, my heart aches. There are too many what if's racing in my mind. As much as I truly, truly hate the price of war and the fact that our men and women in uniform will keep getting deployed until their work is done, I also believe in this war. I believe our country needs to be present in the middle east, even if that means losing a loved one. I believe that our men and women in uniform know the sacrifice they are making when they enter our military. It is their duty to defend me, you and this country. As awful as war is and the price a family pays for their loved one's decision is nothing compared to what the enemy would love to do to our country without our presence at their door. Our fear, my fear
WILL NOT defeat me...because that is what the enemy wants. I thank all our soldiers for the sacrifice they make every day. I especially thank the ones who never made it home to see their families. They paid the ultimate price for our freedom. I'm sure if they had to do it all over again, they would in a heartbeat. That's how awesome our uniformed men and women are!
My Dad was in the Army a long time ago and also served in the Reserves for a while. He passed away in 1982 (not due to any war) at the young age of 34. I wish I knew him. What I do know of him makes me proud. Even though he served for a short time, he saw many places, including Germany. I don't have many photos of him in uniform, but here are the one's I'd like to share. He sure was a handsome guy, huh?

2 comments:
Oh my Goodness, Amy, have you ever thought about the fact that Jay looks a lot like your dad? I don't think I have ever seen these of your dad but I really thought at first that they were a young Jay!! He was a good looking guy - thank you for sharing them!
OMGosh! You favor your Dad alot... I also see what Joy is saying about Jay because he favors him too.
Maybe you and Jay are really distant cousin or something like that...You should check the blood lines.....hahaha!!
Post a Comment