This is my finger all wrapped up
Friday, May 09, 2008
My boo boo
Yesterday I was getting ready for some friends to come over for lunch. We were going to have lunch meat sandwiches, so I was slicing tomatoes, red onion & lettuce. While I was slicing the red onion, my left index finger got in the way and the knife cut it. I couldn't tell right away if I just sliced it or if it was much worse. It turned out to be much worse. After the finger bled for an hour and a half, I called Jay to see if he could find an urgent care clinic. We decided it'd be best if he came home instead of me meeting him at the clinic. The ladies stayed until Jay could get home, which was right before 1 o'clock. Jay, Ali, Evan & I set off for the clinic right away. Jay waited in the van with the kids since they were napping. I was in and out of the ER in 1 hour 20 minutes. While there, I had to get a tetanus shot because it's been over 5 years since my last one. The nurse put a surgi-seal on the tip of my finger and then wrapped it up. That was the worst it hurt because the surgi-seal is a medicated gauze. Do you know that finger was still bleeding four hours later?
This is my finger all wrapped up

This is the best shot I could get. The finger looks a bit like a prune because I soaked it for 45 minutes before the gauze would loosen up.
This is my finger all wrapped up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank Goodness it stopped bleeding.. It seemed like it bled forever... I'm glad you are doing much better... OUCH!! Hurts just thinking about it....I'm glad you are doing better....
Post a Comment