I called Jay after picking EJ up to let him know we were on our way home. He told me that he had a surprise that would make both our lives and the kids lives easier. Usually I am good at figuring things out, but I had no clue what he was talking about. Once home, he guided us to the backyard and we could see that he got a lot of the fence put up. I looked at him kind of funny because that is something that had to be done. He kept saying, "I can't believe you don't see it. It's right in plain sight." He had to tell all of us about the new addition he added to the kids play set. There are three permanent swings in place. All the kids can swing at the same time! There won't be anymore fighting over swings!!!! I think we were just in awe of how good the new fence looked that the new wood added onto the old blended in. Jay did a great job with the addition. It looks like it's been there all along. NOW the only problem we have is teaching Alison how to push herself!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
In plain sight
As previously posted, I told you how we have a lot going on. Jay has a lot more going on than I do since he is away from the house early in the a.m. to late evening. His chores around the house are difficult to get to since the kids are always wanting to play or he's trying to help me by helping them. If he tries to sneak outside, they notice (especially Evan). Evan LOVES being outside. In fact, you rarely hear him whining when he is playing outside. Anyway, on Saturday, myself and the kids left the house at 3:15 p.m. EJ had a birthday party from 4-6, so I decided to take Ali & Evan with me to the 5 o'clock mass while we were up that way. All total, Jay had 3 hours of uninterrupted time to get stuff done around the house.
I called Jay after picking EJ up to let him know we were on our way home. He told me that he had a surprise that would make both our lives and the kids lives easier. Usually I am good at figuring things out, but I had no clue what he was talking about. Once home, he guided us to the backyard and we could see that he got a lot of the fence put up. I looked at him kind of funny because that is something that had to be done. He kept saying, "I can't believe you don't see it. It's right in plain sight." He had to tell all of us about the new addition he added to the kids play set. There are three permanent swings in place. All the kids can swing at the same time! There won't be anymore fighting over swings!!!! I think we were just in awe of how good the new fence looked that the new wood added onto the old blended in. Jay did a great job with the addition. It looks like it's been there all along. NOW the only problem we have is teaching Alison how to push herself!
I called Jay after picking EJ up to let him know we were on our way home. He told me that he had a surprise that would make both our lives and the kids lives easier. Usually I am good at figuring things out, but I had no clue what he was talking about. Once home, he guided us to the backyard and we could see that he got a lot of the fence put up. I looked at him kind of funny because that is something that had to be done. He kept saying, "I can't believe you don't see it. It's right in plain sight." He had to tell all of us about the new addition he added to the kids play set. There are three permanent swings in place. All the kids can swing at the same time! There won't be anymore fighting over swings!!!! I think we were just in awe of how good the new fence looked that the new wood added onto the old blended in. Jay did a great job with the addition. It looks like it's been there all along. NOW the only problem we have is teaching Alison how to push herself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks great - way to go Jay! Also, in response to the post on my blog, how about I meet you in SLC in late July?! :)
That was so sweet of Jay....I bet the kids are enjoying their surprise.....
Post a Comment