Don't Blink: That silly boy {update}        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Thursday, January 28, 2010

That silly boy {update}

Along with potty training also comes the start of kids really learning how to dress themselves. As you can see, Evan is still working on that aspect and hasn't been practicing much! He is such a silly boy! The potty training is going better than the first few days. Honestly, he's had ALL his accidents at home and NONE in public! If I remember correctly, EJ and Alison were the opposite. Even today I was amazed at Evan's ability to remain accident-free when a friend and I went to Alexandria, VA. It's an hour and fifteen minute drive each way. Up until recently, part of Evan's problem is that he would only go potty when we made him go to the restroom. When we asked him if he needed to go he'd always answer, "No." Then he would pee in his pants... UGH! That was him truly being lazy! Well, he now will tell us he has to go potty and will still wait for us to take him, but at least he is telling us!! Yesterday, he walked up to me and said, "I have to go poopy." I thought, "Great! He already went in his underwear," but I continued to rush him to the toilet. To my surprise, his undies were clean and he went poop on the potty!!! Teaching a child to use the potty is definitely a job I'd let Grandma do anyday! BUT, with much patience and perseverance I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I love the moments when I feel so proud of my little boy for pooping on the potty!!

No comments: