![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Two week blur...
Finally, our summer has begun! It seems everyone else has been traveling here and there and everywhere and we haven't! That changed two weeks ago when the kids and I drove to North Carolina to see my sister and her family. The intent was to celebrate my niece's third birthday, but it turns out that we were going down there to say goodbye to my sister for awhile. Nikki is getting deployed in a week. She only learned about it a week before our arrival, so this trip was definitely bittersweet.
The weekend was SO much fun! The kids ALWAYS love seeing their cousin and I always love driving Nikki crazy! It was nice just hanging out, going to the beach and celebrating Hannah's birthday. I was absolutely thrilled the day we went to the ocean. It's been years since I've been to the Atlantic Ocean. The water is gorgeous and quite different from what we are accostumed to on the Bay. It was cute to see how much my kids have changed from our visit to Galveston last Spring Break. This time, EJ had his snorkel and enjoyed looking for shells and fish under the water. He is a much better swimmer this year. Alison played in the water and enjoyed "riding the waves" with Mommy or Aunt Nikki. Evan at least played in the sand and got his feet wet a few times. Hannah wasn't all that thrilled with the ocean, but she sure kept herself occupied by playing in the sand!
We left Monday after we enjoyed lunch at a Chinese buffet, which, by the way, was the most awesome buffet I've been to! I tried to get EJ to eat baby octopus, but he wouldn't budge. I can't blame him though. I had to cover the thing up just so I could enjoy the rest of my lunch! After hugging Nikki and saying goodbye for awhile, it was time to hit the road. Although I won't get to see my little sister for awhile, I am grateful for this weekend. We got to spend some quality time together and I witnessed how strong, determined, and proud she is to be in the United States military. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she prepares to take on this adventure in a country far, far away...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So glad you got to spend some time with your sister before she left! Looks like you had a great time. Can't wait 'til my beach trip in a month!
Post a Comment