Don't Blink: Swim lessons (Summer '09)        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Swim lessons (Summer '09)

Swim lessons began two weeks ago. We go to the pool Tuesday-Friday for 30 minutes each day for three weeks. To be honest, I was dreading it, but I can't believe there is just one more week. I am thoroughly impressed with how quickly the kids are learning and what the instructors are teaching. For example, by the end of week #1, Alison was not only blowing bubbles out of her mouth, she was also blowing bubbles out her nose. That is hard for a preschooler to do in the water! In EJ's class, they were diving and treading water in the 12' deep pool. EJ leveled up on Day #1. He is in Level 3 and doing great! The teacher is impressed at his stroke and he isn't afraid of the diving board anymore.
Heading to swim lessons
The kids played Mr. Fox today. Alison was a "chicken" and was trying to escape the "fox." Alison was brave enough to make it to the top of stairs, but then decided she didn't want to go down alone. Her swim teacher came down the slide with her.
Evan wanted to go down the slide with Mommy, so I had EJ take a few pictures. After swim lessons today, we met up with some friends for leisure swimming. This "baby" pool is wonderful for the smaller children since it is about a foot deep. Here is Alison maxin' and relaxin' on someone else's inner tube. On her own, she was swimming underwater! I know I learned to swim underwater on my own when I was five. It's neat to see Alison do the same, but she is only 4 1/2! Swim lessons must be paying off!
Yep, EJ has Evan pulling him around the baby pool.

No comments: