Don't Blink: Father's Day 2009        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day 2009

Jay just wanted to have a low key day on Sunday, so we headed to the beach for swimming and fishing. Due to all the rain we've had, the Bay was quite choppy and not exactly good for catching fish. We started out at one beach (where we swam) and ended up at two others before we attempted to cast a line. We definitely didn't have a good fishing day, but we did get to see those wild sting rays again and watch another family crabbing. I always wondered how it was done and now I know! I think if I can ever wrap my mind around throwing live crab into a boiling pot of water, maybe we will go crabbing one day too! Photos from Father's Day 2009:
Building sand castles, which Evan enjoyed stomping on!
They actually were out as far as the rocks in the picture. Alison LOVED it! Finally a quiet inlet to fish, but still NO luck! The crab were biting though! See the tips of the wild sting ray's wings? SO COOL!!
PHOTOS of the other FAMILY CRABBING:
They had raw chicken tied to staked ropes. Once they saw a crab nibbling, they would slowly pull the rope in and another person would scoop up the crab with a net.The kids were more interested in crabbing then fishing. It didn't help that the fish weren't biting!

The first Blue Crab I've ever seen! Isn't that a pretty blue?

What a fiestly crab he was and too little to eat. He grabbed on to the other guy's finger and wouldn't let go!

No comments: