Don't Blink: All the small things...        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Thursday, June 04, 2009

All the small things...

There are always a bunch of small things going on in my life and they usually happen all at once. I am not sure if they truly "make me a better person," but maybe that is why GOD keeps sending these things my way. I guess the opposite would be having big things occur, and I know I wouldn't be very good at handling those! First off, I am currently not speaking to another one of my sister's. It's sad (I know); yet it is somewhat of a relief (mean...I know). It's hard to figure out where to begin. I guess by saying that I love ALL my sister's...even the one's that have hurt me. They are my sisters. Period. I wish none of them any ill harm. I pray for them. I hope GOD helps them make the right decisions. For me, I can't budge anymore. If I do, my family will crack because I fall apart. I went through this with my own mother. Not even six weeks before she passed away, I put up my boundaries. Once again, that was for the sake of my family, but mostly myself. Sometimes you just have to even when that means saying goodbye to someone. Do I think I will NEVER speak to those two sister's I am not talking to now? No. We need our space. I hope that does us all good and when we finally reconcile (we always do), we'll be stronger. Next, my root canal went well yesterday. I did need a second shot of novacaine though. I wasn't going to be all brave and let the dentist continue the process without me saying a word. That is what put me in the position of having to get this root canal done in the first place. I will always believe it had something to do with that crazy hygienist who told me "You don't want to be numb all day" so she took my temporary crown off and put the permanent one on WITHOUT any pain medication. I was shocked I survived (Yes, I have a low tolerance for pain!). Things were fine until that day. Anyway, now I have to go back at the end of July to have another crown put on. It won't be any expense to us because it was their fault. That's not the point though. I just wish it was put on correctly the first time! Finally, Evan has impetigo. It is a skin infection that is contagious. Not good for a 2-year old who already has eczema and can't stop scratching what started out as bug bites on his neck! The doctor prescribed antibiotics and an ointment. I, of course, was leary about giving him the antibiotics, but with all my research it seems they are necessary. What's funny is that Alison had the same blisters on her face a month ago. We put peroxide on them and they cleared up. At least we know what it is and how to treat it. Let's hope Evan will listen and STOP SCRATCHING...the poor thing! Well, I've babbled on long enough. Every once in awhile, I need to just vent. Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

(((Hugs))) and prayers!!

Love ya!