Sunday, June 21, 2009
Bikin' & Pukin'
This morning the whole family was out of the house by 9:30 a.m.! That is quite a feat for us on a Saturday morning, unless there is an 8 o'clock soccer (over for the season) game. We left the house with it extremely overcast, but warm. Jay loaded up the bikes in case the rain held off. Alison INSISTED we bring her bike because she wanted to ride too. Jay & I were leary of allowing her to ride in the bike lane on the road, but, in the end, we figured she could at least ride around whatever parking lot we were in. She's only been riding her two wheeler with training wheels the last few days.
Before having any fun, we first had business to attend to...the business of weeding our garden. Thank goodness Jay brought the weed whacker out there the other day! Once the tiller is fixed, things will be looking up although I think the garden looks great! There are some vegetables/fruits that didn't sprout, but there are also some that we aren't sure what they are! The kids have been enjoying peas and green beans.
This morning, the mosquitoes were biting. Poor Evan gets eaten up! We realized at dinner that he is afraid of fly's! He must think they are mosquitoes. Anyway, we only stayed at the garden for an hour or so before going on our bike ride. We did let Ali ride her bike and she did GREAT!! We were so proud of her for riding as far as she did, but Jay & I wanted to ride some more so we had her get in the bike trailer with Evan. EJ was getting a bit tired by now, but he also hung in for the whole ride. We rode a little off the beaten path to see where one of the trails lead. It was SO cool where we ended up! We got off the bikes to cross over a small walking bridge. The kids thought it was the neatest thing to be walking over rocks along the shore of the Bay. We crossed back over the bridge and followed EJ along side the water. Of course I didn't have my camera with me and today would have been a great photo op! EJ came across a HUGE, dead horseshoe crab. I saw something in the bushes which Jay pointed out was a stingray (also dead and HUGE)! A what? I didn't know they swam up the Bay, but it is saltwater. We walked just a bit further and I noticed some odd movement in the water. It was stingray and lots of them! Right in front of us, it was almost like they swam up to say hello. Their wings gently glided across the top of the water....SO COOL! EJ was thrilled!
A few raindrops started coming down, so we rode back to the vehicles. Literally as soon as we stopped the bikes, it poured! It was a great bike ride though!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight, after EJ went to bed, we heard him calling, "Daddy!" It was odd because once he's asleep, he's asleep. Jay went in to see what he needed and the kid had thrown up all over his bed. EJ heads out the door to the bathroom where he continues to throw up. Then Jay & I hear him saying (in between vomiting), "I don't even feel sick." We couldn't help but laugh at the poor guy! Maybe it was something he ate that didn't agree with him. That does happen often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess ej throwing up and not feeling sick is when you think you got to fart and you !!!!
Post a Comment