![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
Friday, November 28, 2008
How was your turkey day?
We've been blessed to share this special day with friends (and sometimes it was just us)throughout the last few years, but this Thanksgiving was especially SPECIAL! My sister, Nikki, her hubby, Sam, and daughter, Hannah, joined us for a great day of food, fun, laughter, and Wii! All the food turned out delicious, and I was especially proud of the 11-pound turkey! I've never prepared a bird this big. There was discussion about two turkey related topics: (1) Whether or not to put the turkey in a turkey bag and (2) Should the bird get flipped? I made an executive decision on the latter and Nikki & Sam were NOT happy. We consulted the internet and it seems some people flip the bird and others don't...LOL! The night before, the kids were up late so by the time it was time to eat, they were exhausted. As you'll see, Evan fell asleep in my arms immediately after finishing. Once the kids woke up, we walked over to the park for a little fresh air. It really started to get chilly after 30 minutes so we headed home. Sam & EJ challenged each other to another game of either Wii bowling or tennis. Later, Jay whooped all of us at boxing. I do believe Sam finally knocked him out, but today our arms are sore. That is a great workout! There certainly is much to be grateful for this year. My sister Jacki has been up on her feet and walking! She may even be home in time for Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just look at all those smiles! I am so happy that Nikki and her family got to spend Thanksgiving with you and your family.. Her little girl is adorable! She grew to fast just like Evan.. I remember at EJ's party that one year she was just a little infant.. I bet Ali had a lot of fun with having another girl in the house to play with.. I love how the houses are set around the playground, that's pretty AWESOME! I hope you are loving your new state! Have a Great weekend!
Post a Comment