Don't Blink: 1st Field Day Friday!        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Friday, August 29, 2008

1st Field Day Friday!

My plan for homeschooling is to work Monday-Thursday and go someplace educational on Friday. I didn't know where to take the kids until this morning. I stress over the littlest things because I wanted to tie this week's studies in with the trip. We discussed apples since Ali focused on the letter A. Picking apples was a thought, but the only place available seemed only open to group tours. Instead of worrying about the theme, I decided to drive a little further than I wanted and ended up at a park's Science center. It was better than I expected and all of us had a lot of fun. The kids proved that they liked hiking too, which will be in our future as we head back East soon!
Click to play Science Center
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow
Next week Ali will begin the letter B and there's already a scheduled trip to see a butterfly exhibit on Friday!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Wow! That place looks amazing.. I love the water outback.. That isn't the playground that we went to when we went on the trails.. I am going to have to try this place out..... Sounds like homeschooling is going to work for you and your kids.. I am happy for you!