Every month, there is a themed food event downtown with truck vendors & restaurants. Somehow we miss this yummy opportunity to eat across the island, but this month we made sure we got there to enjoy GARLIC! All of us really like this ingredient, although not all of us partook in it. Go figure. I was not one of those people! Our first purchase was garlic flavored kettle corn. OH MY! I'm sure all they did was through a bunch of garlic powder over freshly made kettle corn, but that did the trick. It was yummy and garlic-ky! I finished the bag when we got home and had the breath to prove it!
Surprisingly, Alison wanted garlic shrimp so when we came across this stand, we had to try that and the ribs. Amy likes her variety! The shrimp was good, but the ribs were a-mah-zing! Alison preferred the latter.
![]() |
| Now that's a giant garlic bulb! |
![]() |
| This truck was the place to be if you wanted fried sushi? At least that was what I thought I was. |
![]() |
| The kids didn't go for the garlic ice cream, but they were thrilled to get some shave ice. |
![]() |
| It's always fun to pick your own flavors. |
For dessert, Jay & I shared gelato and we did try the garlic flavor. It was subtle, which I was relieved about. I can't imagine a dessert with garlic that overpowered the sweetness.








No comments:
Post a Comment